Since I have been home from the hospital I have been eating mainly raw food. Primarily because I feel like my body needs as many nutrients, enzymes and antioxidants as possible and secondly because I don't have enough energy to cook. Today was a rainy, dreary day with a doctors appointment that provided no answers so I felt like a little comfort food. I threw this together with as little prep time as humanly possible. I would say I spent less than five minutes in the kitchen and tried to make it as healthy and low calorie as possible.
The entire recipe has about 615 calories, 27 grams of fat, 60 carbs, and 37 grams of protein, so I would recommend making it into two portions meaning 308 calories, 18 grams of fat, 30 carbs, and 18.5 grams of protein.
1 cup of low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 cup of spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon Italian herbs
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 F
1. Slice eggplant into thin rounds and place in a single layer on baking sheet.
2. Salt the eggplant rounds and leave for 10-15 minutes while they "sweat". This takes any bitterness away.
3. Rinse the eggplant and baking sheet. Pat the eggplant dry with paper towels and dry off the baking sheet.
4. Replace the eggplant on the baking sheet and sprinkle with Italian herbs.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Take out of oven.
7. Use loaf pan to layer spaghetti sauce, eggplant, sauce, cheese, until you run out of eggplants.
8. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes.